HOW TO Apply For Gift Of The Givers At UJ

This is how you can apply for meal assistance at UJ.

One comment

By Gaby Ndongo (4 mins read)

Not all students can afford to buy enough groceries that is able to sustain them for a long period of time.

Gift of the Givers (GOG), a disaster relief organisation based on the African continent, makes food donations to people in need and has a set up to cater for students at the University of Johannesburg (UJ).

Here’s how you can apply to benefit from this initiative.

  1. Log in to your uLink account using your UJ student number and email password
  2. Access your ITS iEnabler on the second row, titled “Administrative Utilities”
  3. Look for the last file and click onto “Meal Assistance Applications”:
  • You’ll see the “Meal Assistance Rules and Regulations” and “Meal Assistance Application” links, click on “Meal Assistance Application”;
  1. Complete the Request for information:
  • With the question “Do you require meal assistance? For 1st semester select ‘MQ’”, click on the sidebar far-right corner of the same row; you then wait for a while and click on “MQ”;
  • “Please verify your student number” by first clicking on the sidebar on your far-right corner of that very same row as the question and then click on your student number;
  • With the “Please verify your registration” part, do the same as you’ve done with your student number verification, but in this case, click on your current year of registration;

[SLIDESHOW] How to apply for GOG at UJ

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

  1. Press the save button below the three rows that you’ve just used;
  2. After a few seconds, you’ll receive an email asking you to forward the “supporting documentation to or deliver by hand to office E Ring 313, APK Campus”:
  • There is no need for you to submit any supporting document if you’re a NSFAS student, according to Mandla Mathonsi of UJ Student Welfare;
  • If you’re not a NSFAS student, Mathonsi said you will have to submit the following documents:
  • Certified ID copies of yourself and your parent(s)/guardian(s);
  • Proof of income in the form of a payslip or affidavit if your parent(s)/guardian(s) is not currently employed;
  • The document will be processed for approval or disapproval based on the expected monthly income, which any of those two proofs of payments show, he added. TOJ

Reporting by Gaby Ndongo; Editing by Kupakwashe Kambasha and Xiletelo Mabasa.

Feature image: NSFAS students don’t need to provide any supporting documents when applying for meal assistance. Photo by: Gaby Ndongo.

Other image courtesy to Gaby Ndongo.


1 comments on “HOW TO Apply For Gift Of The Givers At UJ”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.