By Staff Reporter
Summary. This article answers the following questions:
- Why do I need to register a myNSFAS account?
- Where do I go to create a myNSFAS account?
- What do I need to have with me when creating a myNSFAS account?
- What steps do I need to follow to create a myNSFAS account?
For students who need to apply for funding from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), there are two options. The first option is to submit the application manually at your nearest National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) or Thusong Centre. You can also apply online through the myNSFAS student portal.
The portal does not only allow you to apply for NSFAS bursary but further update your personal details, check your application progress, get your application results, and upload the relevant, supporting documents using a device such as a desktop computer.
Below is a step-by-step guide of how to register or re-register a myNSFAS account:
- Log onto my.nsfas.org.za, and select the “Create account” option to create an account.
- Fill in the following personal details as they appear on your ID: first name(s), last name, and ID number.
- Fill in your valid contact details: email address (which will be your username) and cellphone number. (NSFAS will use these email address and cellphone number to communicate important updates about your application.)
- Click on the “Read and understood T&Cs” area after filling in the above details.
- Create a password and then confirm it.
- Click on the “I am not a robot” area to complete the relevant puzzle if any.
- Click on the “Create account” button.
- Receive an One Time Pin (OTP) through SMS and type it as soon as possible.
- Answer three security questions.
Images are screenshots of myNSFAS student portal.